Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted / Update: 8/1/2019
Job Status: Paid Summer Sales Job
A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales and safeguarding company assets.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Assist in completing price changes within the department
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Resume Submission Below
eCommerce Digital Marketing Internship - Summer 2020
Posted / Update: 8/1/2019
Job Status: Paid Summer Job
Our company is seeking a dedicated, organized, high-energy junior or senior student in college majoring in marketing / advertising / digital eCommerce for our eCommerce Digital Marketing. Preference for 2017 Summer internship opportunity for credit, but not required. This is a 8-10 week internship opportunity. You must be able to work 40 hours / week, with flexible hours. This internship opportunity will begin from the beginning of Jun and continue through the beginning of August.
This internship will provide a qualified candidate with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working within a growing licensed sports apparel fan eCommerce shop with multiple growing web properties. If you are an original independent minded thinker, looking for a smaller company where you can be a 'cog that runs the system, not a cog in the system', this opportunity is for you!
The intern will be exposed to eCommerce marketing / advertising strategy, planning & analysis, web implementation & development and will be regularly exposed to our advertising agency. The primary position objectives include finding strategic ways of driving sales, profit & strategy of the online business through analysis and creativeness. This skill set would be useful to a student pursuing a career on either the client or agency side of any eCommerce business.
Our web properties include SportsWorldChicago.com.
- Provide support, review, analyze and recommendations for all on-line advertising initiatives, which may include online or social media, as well as eCommerce traffic-driving initiatives including paid search, affiliate, email and display.
- Support manager "exploring untapped opportunities" in development of eCommerce strategies
- Affiliate and paid search channel monitoring
- Determine and deliver strategies to promote the brand through a variety of tactics including SEM, SEO, email marketing, direct marketing, and online and social media
- Strategize and enhance current social media initiatives
- Regular research on media industry trends as well our competitive landscape
- Coordination of e-mail campaigns
- Affiliate Chain Newsletter creation
- On-line advertising budget management, analysis and efficiencies
- Researching new paid media opportunities and technologies
- Provide technical, operational and creative direction to offer a best-in-class consumer site experience
- Tremendous curiosity and drive towards "what's next", the ability to anticipate trends.
- Advertising / Marketing major with background or emphasis in eCommerce
- Excellent writing and organization skills
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of MS Office programs
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
- Creative, Self-Motivated & pro-active
- Detail oriented & resourceful
- Basic understanding of AdWords, YSM, Facebook advertising, Amazon product ads & Google Analytic
Resume Submission Below
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. Sports World Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this opportunity, please attach your cover letter and resume below, and be sure to complete the resume falsification form below. I certify that information contained in my resume are true and complete. I understand that false information may be grounds for not hiring me or for immediate termination of employment at any point in the future if I am hired. I authorize the verification of any or all information listed above.