Looking for the perfect gift for the Cubs fan in your life? Capture the history and greatest moments of the Chicago Cubs through Washington Post newspaper articles written at the time. Coverage begins in September 1907 with the Cubs’ 100th victory that secured the team its eighth National League pennant. Further titles in 1908 and 1910 follow, both of which are covered in depth in the book. More recent coverage includes league titles in 1989, 2003, 2007 and 2008; the latter of which includes the team’s 10,000th win. This book is unique and makes a wonderful gift, perfect for Cubs fans. Reproduced to near full tabloid newspaper size it is bound in luxury tan leatherette, gold embossed, hardback cover!
It was back in 1906 that the Cubs registered a 116-36 record, which remains to be an all-time winning record percentage of .763. It was also their 1907 and 1908 World Series wins that made them the first ever team to capture multiple titles. Unfortunately, the team wouldn’t see much success in the next 108 years that followed. Seven World Series were lost by the team between 1910 and 1945, and the Cubs failed to reach another for 71 years after that. Despite earning the nickname “the Loveable Losers,” the team eventually made a comeback when they won the 2016 World Series. They were the first team to overcome such a deficit in over 30 years and an estimated 5 million people attended a celebratory parade in Chicago, a well-documented year in our newspaper book.
- Newspaper headlines of historic Cubs games from 1907 onwards
- Free gold embossing and leatherette hardcover binding
- Genuine articles as originally reported by the Washington Post, updated to include the 2022 season
- Each page features 12.5 x 15 inches (newspaper size) of premium content
- Articles from the Historic Washington Post
- To see which of the Cubs biggest moments are featured in this Chicago Cubs newspaper book, take a look at the contents - CLICK HERE
- This item take 1-7 BUSINESS DAYS to produce and ship